Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sticking my nose where it doesn't belong

Well the breakneck pace of this blog is just going to have to ease off a bit, kids. No no, don't beg, please, it's demeaning. Look, I have commitments. Obligations. These trivialities* must take a back seat. I have... *shudder* my mother coming to stay.

Anyway, putting that behind us (would that I could) and moving on to the title subject. This is so not my thing to hijack, but for those of you in the UK who know extemporanea, and think refined pianofortes should be made to lead active and useful lives, rather than lying indisposed in a corner, maybe we could help the lovely wolverine nun to the rescue? I mention it only because the exchange rate works so very much in our favour, and if we gang up on the evil capitalist swine who run international banking, we can make the bank charges work rather less against us. So I am nominating myself Official British Collector for the Upliftment of Pianofortes in Reduced Circumstances Fund.

Not the most elegant acronym.

Anyway, again, please email me if you're feeling generous. I don't mean to pressure anyone, hence the public forum, rather than the more directed and personal email. Since I never write here any more, you can quite easily pretend you haven't seen it.

If, you know, you're cheap.

_____
* Though other trivialities still get my blogging time, yes they do. I mean, free wine, yes? There'll be a few more of those in my future. I admit it's not that interesting, but if you are really pining for scroobious verbiage, go to.

1 comment:

extemporanea said...

Awwww! The Save the Piano fund spreads like wildfire! I am muchly touched and happy at all the interest/support - gratitudinal wossnames.