Thursday, September 06, 2007

...

There are two schools of thought on something really bad - or worse, a series of very bad things - happening at the very start of a holiday. One is that it counts as a sort of insurance; you're predisastered, after that everything will work out great. The other is that the trip is clearly ill omened.

Beloved nearly had his car stolen on his first day in Cape Town (he went ahead of me), and did have the ignition buggered up. I, meanwhile, screwed up far more impressively. I forgot that I needed to carry my old passport (with work permit in it) as well as my new one. So I'll now be arriving on Sunday, instead of tomorrow. Hm.

We like the predisastered theory better, yes?

(I couldn't think of a title that didn't have very bad language in it. I know you're not under any illusions that I'm a lady, but even so.)

2 comments:

glo said...

The real problem is that you used your last good luck charm to wish Days into England....

ScroobiousScrivener said...

That might be it, yes. Though I'd like to think I get more luck than that in my life?