Saturday, March 22, 2008

When the internet's away...

...this is some of what Scroobious has been doing (in no particular order):

1. Unpacking
2. Going to Ikea
3. Unpacking
4. Going to Ikea
5. Going to Warren Evans
6. Unpacking
7. Going to John Lewis
8. Unpacking
9. Taking deliveries
10. Taking more deliveries
11. Playing with her robot*
12. Still unpacking, DEAR LORD WILL IT NEVER END.
13. Trying to figure out the heating.
14. Battling The Devil.**
15. Feeling astonishingly grown up at having bought a bed and a sofa, both for pretty much the first time in my life.***
16. Loving my new space.
17. Wishing the furnishings for the new space were coming together just a leeeetle bit faster.
18. Tripping over boxes, both full and empty.
19. Assembling furniture. I built my own desk! And some other stuff. Yay furniture assembly! It is FUN.
20. Really, really, really missing the internet.
21. Constantly thinking "Oh, I must blog that when our broadband is up."
22. Completely forgetting what it was I meant to blog.
23. Buying ART! How grown-up is that!
24. Being chided for leaving "that hedge stuff" up on the blog for so long without new content, asifihadanychoice. Didn't anybody like the hedges? I liked the hedges. Oh well. No accounting for tastes.
25. Rediscovering Helene Hanff, who floated to the top of the to-be-unpacked boxes and trapped me on the couch for a few delicious hours.
26. Um... some other stuff. Probably. I forget.

__________
* Yes it's safe for work. *rolls eyes* ...Oh god I just looked at that site a bit more than I usually do. My robot is cousin to military robots. Suddenly I don't like it as much. But, okay. It doesn't deliver bombs, it disarms them. All right. That's better. Um. Hm.
** As regular readers will know, that would be Parcelforce.
*** I am not counting the random acquisition of furniture being offloaded by other people and adopted by me on an "all right then, have a few pennies for it" basis. This is real purchasing, of the proper choosing from a range of options variety.

2 comments:

Sarah Cate said...

Welcome Back! We missed you!

Anonymous said...

Thank god, the hedges are gone! (also, yay, you're back)

kadekraan