Friday, June 20, 2008

A good night.

Freshlyground. Dudes. Have you seen them? The albums are great, but live, they're phenomenal.



Course you've missed them now, if you're in London, at least till the next tour. They'll be all over Europe, though. And then of course back in Cape Town. Hey, maybe you're in Cape Town. Maybe you could catch them locally.

*sigh*

I miss Cape Town.

(Hey, you know the best part? Well maybe not the best part. But a really good part. The sound. It was excellent. I don't watch a lot of live music, and partly that's because almost without exception, the sound quality sucks, you can't really hear the actual songs, just noise. (I have particularly lousy hearing; I realise this might not be the case for everyone.) But whether thanks to the venue - Cargo in Shoreditch, very nice - or Freshlyground's own awesome sound engineering, this time, they sounded perfect. Yay for actually hearing the music you're there to hear!)

2 comments:

extemporanea said...

I have reasonably good hearing, and I tend to shun live music for precisely the same reason that you do. I can't watch a live band without having to continually suppress the desire to go back to the mixing table, club the sound guy to death with a handy goth, and actually balance the sound so it sounds like something. Bad for the blood pressure, that.

Schedule5 said...

Freshlyground are very cool! I saw them live years ago at a school festival and they we're pretty funky then too.