Monday, July 03, 2006

Truth or Fiction?

Things I learnt or remembered on Friday night:

1) There is such a thing as too many half-naked men.

2a) That ugly night-bus-vs-cab dilemma can be avoided entirely by taking the first train home.

2b) My days of dancing all night are not, as previously thought, entirely behind me.

2c) Months of training for a race* also come in useful for promoting stamina on the dance floor.

3) While women never chat me up, and straight men rarely, when it comes to men who have no interest in sleeping with me, I rate some serious beefcake.**

4) I like hard house music.

Not all of the above statements are true.

_____
* Turns out I can't run 10km, at least not in stonking heat. I can, however, run 8km and walk the rest. I can live with that. For now.
** Even if they're only using me to get to the hot guys I'm with.

6 comments:

omar said...

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the house music one is fiction.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Sometimes wishes can come true, Omar.

X said...

Come on, Omar. If a lady can say this:

But what it means right now is that the carpets are vacuumed, the kitchen and bathroom are clean, there are flowers on the table, the beds are made with fresh linen, the oil burners are lit and the air is filled with the happy scent of lavender and expectation.

Why, then, can it be so difficult to believe that she enjoys hard house?

---X

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Nicely done, X. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Surely number 1 is false! ;)

ScroobiousScrivener said...

You'd think so, wouldn't you?