Monday, November 20, 2006

Free business idea. No charge.

I think what the wired world is really crying out for is blogger's insurance. How many times do you read comments to the effect of "coffee sprayed all over keyboard... again"? We need insurance that covers these little mishaps. Perhaps providing a courtesy laptop while ours is repaired or replaced.

Health insurance would be a valuable addition — ROFL could lead to all kinds of injuries. It's just not safe. And maybe we could get well-being benefits, the ROFLMAO package, for slimmers.

It needs a little work, but I think there's some potential there. Budding entrepreneurs of the blogosphere, go find some venture capitalist and explain how they can laugh all the way to the bank.

9 comments:

omar said...

Has anyone ever actually rolled on the floor laughing? I guess if you were already on the floor, it may not seem so strange. But I've had many a hearty laugh in my day, and not once have I rolled on the floor.

But if I think about it, I've never died, yet I pay for life insurance.

I think you're on to something.

Anonymous said...

I once knew somebody who fell off their chair laughing. Does that count?

- kadekraan

Mark said...

Unrelated, a knitting link for you:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacoma-webmaster/

Though, I expect you may have seen these before.

I'm still picking the fluff from my teeth. C:

vivaldifan said...

I did in fact once fall off my chair laughing. It didn't hurt, thanks for asking. But I've never actually rolled on the floor laughing, and my sadly robust arse has never fallen off, not even a little bit.

Anonymous said...

I once sprayed my laptop with coca cola spewing forth through both my nostrils. The laptop was sticky for days afterwards but never mind that - it hurt like all hell. I'm sure the daisies never smelt the same afterwards.

Can I claim for this? I think I ought to be able to claim for this.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

A very good point, Hennie. An incident like that would raise a double claim, for both damage to property and injury compensation. Listen up, oh blogsurance entrepreneur, wherever you may be; this is valuable market research here.

Chio said...

Valueble indeed...

Hmmm actually I have ROFLed .... I was however very drunk and someone pulled my chair out from under me.

No blogging invloved in the incident but ... you can't blog all the time right ???

ScroobiousScrivener said...

"you can't blog all the time"

You're new to this, aren't you?

Chio said...

Actually I dont blog .....

I just comment on my sister's friend's blog, because I have been told it a good read and the last time I was in London I enjoyed her company so yeah....

I gues you could say I am new to this, but unfortunately it not my life calling since lisdexia and blogging are a bad mix... ;)

sincerely
Pinkel