Saturday, August 25, 2007

Who knew?*

You know what you find if you happen to be passing through Richmond Park in the cool of the evening?



You find deer. Lots and lots of deer. Just hanging out.



You also find a really spectacular sunset, if you're lucky. And if you've been riding all the way from Isleworth to Wimbledon** and back... well, then you get some pretty tired thighs.

Which earns you a chocolate, at least. So it's all good.

_____
* Most of London, probably. I get that. But although I knew there were deer... I didn't know quite how many, and how widely they roam, and how easy it is to get up close. A happy discovery.
** Hey, Pip! Great party!

2 comments:

firstfallen said...

What kind of deer are those? I always forget that there's a wildlife farmy thing outside Stellenbosch and every time I drive past I go "omg! reindeer!".

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Red and fallow deer. The ones in the picture are red, but we saw plenty of fallow deer as well.