Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The update, updated

For tedious and tiresome and sadly unfightable reasons, the 9 days I thought I had to make permit happen turn out to be only 4 days. Which cannot by any stretch of the imagination be made to resemble 5-10 days, even with begging letter. So I give. I surrender. The universe does not wish for me to be in Cape Town this year. Fine. I won't be.

If anyone out there knows any good curses, please direct them at whatever idiots thought it would be a good idea to outsource all visa functions to the private sector. I thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How utterly beastly :(

Here's hoping against hope that some stroke of good luck makes your trip possible anyway.

extemporanea said...

Extreme and utter phooey. I'm so sorry that the bureaucratic mills have thusly ground you. There will be much gnashing of teeth at your non-appearance in CT. And not just for the knitting.