Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring is in the air...



...and it's snowing blossoms and birds are twittering and the sun is warm and the sky is glorious blue.

At least for five minutes at a time. Then it's bucketing down. Then it's grey and windy. Then the sun is out again. Rinse, repeat. They say Cape Town goes through four seasons in a single day, but that ain't got nothing on London, folks; here we go through all four in a single hour, every hour.

Still, it is spring, and it's not as cold, which is something of a mixed blessing since the cats are much more demanding of being let out at night now. I'm trying to train them out of this, but so far the only difference is that I have to get up to yell at them six times a night, rather than get up to open the door. Still getting up though. Not sure this is progress.

And then there's this rash of romance. First Rachael* got married, now Strawbs is engaged**. All very seasonal. Congratulations all round.

Spring is also, I believe, the time for growing things. In my own little world this seems to apply mostly to Purlescence, which has attracted a little flurry of media attention — only in knitting-type press, and only because of the press releases I sent out, nothing more exciting than that, but a flurry none the less and unexpectedly concentrated in timing. And that combined with the changing weather*** and so on has brought on a serious sales spurt. Yeeha! As they say somewhere I've never been that possibly doesn't exist.

_____
* Whom I know only from her blog.
** Whom I know rather better.
*** Baskets. Nobody was looking at the baskets. Suddenly they're almost sold out. I can only ascribe this to summer picnic/beach plans.

2 comments:

Bill C said...

Rest assured, places where people say yeeha do exist. Although we're trying to train them to stop. Saying, not existing.

Hope the business flurries continue long after the climatic ones cease. Or... something like that. You get the idea, right? Okay maybe I should wake up *before* trying to comment.

Oooh! WV: zhnlimzt!

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Trying to stop? Oh dear. I will stop encouraging them then.

I get the idea, and thank you!