Sunday, December 03, 2006

Help me talk pretty

So on changing jobs, I merrily deleted all my bookmarks without bothering to save myself a copy, because I figured if they were that important to me I already knew them well enough anyway.

Of course I now can't for the life of me remember where to find that really nifty blog/discussion type place on the proper use of English.

I'm pretty sure I posted a link here once. But I really don't have time to trawl through my archives. So, to my fellow grammar geeks... if you happened to read it, and bookmark it... please help me out?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Returning the favour...

Could it be this: /2005/10/my-new-favourite-site.html ?

Where it talks about painintheenglish dot com?

Google Advanced Search. Gotta love it.

Anonymous said...

Oooh also, don't know which browser you use and what with me being one of those annoying Firefox evangelists: one of my favourite FF add-ons is Google Browser Sync. Does what it says, really. Whenever I'm working on a foreign computer, I download FF, install Browser Sync, three seconds later ALL my bookmarks and stuff are right there. It really is all that.

Use it, don't use it, whatever, y'know. :)

extemporanea said...

I don't think The Language Log is the one you mean, but it's definitely worth reading. Linguistics experts explore the odd byways of language. Nifty. And often hysterically funny.

vivaldifan said...

I'm fairly I have found two such sites courtesy of thy blog, but for reasons unbeknownst to me, I can recall only the following: http://grammaravengers.blogspot.com