Sunday, December 31, 2006

That was the year that was

In 2006 I...

learned I can run a business
learned I can run 10km
missed one chance to learn to ski...
...but learned to ski in the end anyway
meant to go to Cornwall
went to Scotland instead
went to Switzerland, twice
turned down a promotion
took a stunning new job
turned 30
made some new friends
got to know some old friends a bit better
filled in a few details on my big life picture.

It was a very good year.

In 2007 I will...

Get My Shit Together.

I am resolute.

6 comments:

Bill C said...

What was your resolution for 2006?
*ahem*

ScroobiousScrivener said...

I don't generally do resolutions, so much as Grand Goal Setting Exercises. I failed to meet almost all of my goals for 2006 (although in many ways I surprised myself, and I'm not at all unhappy with how things turned out). Actually, looking back, I find I did resolve to "do more, eat less", which would still cover this year's intentions pretty well.

omar said...

Huh. As I look at your list of things you did in 2006, many are things that I hope/expect to do in 2007 (turn 30, run a 10k, run a business, make new friends, get to know old friends better). And though I like my current job, I could be enticed by a "stunning" offer.

Have a happy 2007, Scroob!

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Turning 30 is a good year. I recommend it highly. So you're starting a business? Congrats, and best of luck!

glo said...

I'm glad you enjoyed 2006. I was feeling guilty for hating it so much - but now that I know it was loved by at least one person, I can go right on hating it.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

You were 29 last year, right? 28 and 29 are officially Crap Years. It's a rule. 30, however, is a Fantastic Year. You will love it. That's a promise.