Saturday, December 09, 2006

Twas two weeks before Christmas, and all through the house...

...was chaos and disarray.

The rooms need cleaning, the linen needs washing, the freezer needs defrosting, the larder needs stocking. My hair needs trimming, my nails need filing, my legs need defuzzing, my desk needs clearing. My work needs doing, my business needs managing, stock needs reordering, inventory needs checking, sales need promoting, customers need tending, competitions need judging, books need updating. Presents need buying, and in some cases knitting.

I think, with the services of a particularly efficient personal assistant, a marketing assistant and a housekeeper, plus judicious use of sick leave, I *might* be able to get everything in order before our Christmas break, and start 2007 on a sound footing.

*sigh*

2 comments:

tristan said...

so you want a perfect christmas ?

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Oh heavens no. I just want my life to be a little less... unkempt. We're going away between Christmas and New Year, and I don't see a lot of time before then to catch up with things.

And while I'm not greatly fussed about Christmas, I am a big fan of New Years. And I like to feel I'm able to set off into January with a sense of order and cleanness.

Probably not going to happen this time around. Which is why I've booked the first few days of January off. Better late than never...