Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Blog challenged

Being offline four days out of seven – those being the four days I am technically allowed to waste my time on frivolous online pursuits such as, say, blogging – is causing my relatively new and fragile blog muscles to atrophy. As it were. My three days in the office are taken up with – in no particular order, dear Boss – work; catching up on emails from neglected friends; and catching up on must-read blogs. In between, I would like to be blogging myself, but I am generally ambushed by extreme internet-abuse guilt (or occasionally actual work) before I get to that point.

Plus, having spent my four offline days mentally penning posts of truly breathtaking wit, originality and eloquence, somehow they all disappear in a puff of – something puffy – by the time I’ve read everyone else’s blogs and been distracted by particularly long and involved comments threads. Or intimidated by their far superior creativity and, well, time on hand. Or shamed by their sharp commentary on topics of such, er, sharp topicality into the realisation that no, I really can’t post about the Huf Haus show that was on last Thursday. If ever there was a time for that, it is long, long past.

So you’ll just have to wait a bit longer for my sparkling bon mots, yes you will.

Also I haven’t seen Star Wars yet. And I fear your wrath*.

And I was really disappointed by the Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Although Marvin was cool.

_____
* I’m starting to think my blog has been hijacked by two particularly chatty Yanks. Naming no names, of course.

3 comments:

Sarah Cate said...

Ah, scroob. It's only because we love you. And we're depending on you to give us the hook-up when we finally move to London.

P.S. Shame on you for not seeing Episode III yet!

omar said...

This may be the first time anyone admitted to being intimidated by me (or something I've done).

Besides, you write better than I do. I have to add pictures and MadLibs to mask the fact that I write at a 5th grade reading level.

glo said...

Shame on YOU, Omar and Gersh! Hijacking another person's blog for your own nefarious purposes! I never thought I'd live to see the day where AMERICANS were less than polite.

I am shocked. Truly shocked. I must go and hang my head for the tragedy of it all.

(P.S. The comments have taken on a life of their own, I admit it. They come to me in the night, forcing me to write anything, no matter how horrible, so that they can multiply. Then, they force me to comment on other's blogs....I am powerless to resist them.)