Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I just have one thing to say.

That is an egregious untruth. Three things to say.

1) STILL no home hypercyberinterwebnet*. This is agony. This is going to impede blogging a while longer. [wails]

2) Nothing I have said in any previous post should be taken as in any way unappreciative of you, my fabulous readers. I love chatty Yanks, yes I do. It's nothing but delightful getting to know you, and we all know the special love that comments bring. And I promise to be more attentive to you all - both here and in your own cyberhomes - just as soon as we get this damn connection sorted out. No, I don't know what's taking so long either.

3) I have cats. Two of them. They moved in last Wednesday night; it should be taken as irrefutable proof of the burden of under-inter-ing I labour under (and the remarkable pressures of last press day) that it has taken me THIS LONG to report this Very Important Fact. Harvey and Gemima**** will be appearing mostly on this page, not the Scrivenings, for the same reason that I don't post here about knitting*****.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time and look forward to resuming our normal service as soon as possible.

_____
* Beloved recently heard me use the word "interweb" for the first time**. He hates it. Somehow he has never encountered anyone using this word ever. Somehow he feels it is Silly, and not in a good way. Go figure. I therefore feel dutybound to up the Silliness until he deals.
** Note, not "I used the word for the first time". He heard me for the first time. Not a great listener, my beloved***.
*** Sometimes Beloved actually reads this thing. I'm kind of enjoying the suspense of waiting for him to catch up. I'm sure I will be able to hear the howls of rage right across London when he reads this. And the whole phone post. Living dangerously, me.
**** Named by previous owners, hence the interesting spelling of Gemima. Oddly enough it's not the first time I've had a cat called Jemima. But I only looked after the previous one for a few days, so I reserve the right to claim that this is in fact the first time I have had a girlcat.
***** Niche audience. Or more accurately: I can't bring myself to actually not post about the boring stuff, so I just stick it elsewhere in hopes that it's not so boring to everyone - after all there's a ridiculous number of knitbloggers out there. And many of them have cats in residence.

3 comments:

Sarah Cate said...

Truly, you have taken the artistry of footnotes to a new level. I love the footnotes. I am envious of the footnotes. And am sad you still don't have the interweb at home. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

You are very kind for calling my footnote problem "artistry" rather than, as some might say, "shocking lack of literary discipline" or "complete disregard for linear thought". I thank you.

omar said...

I think your footnotes go far beyond non-linear. Give yourself some credit. I don't know if I've ever seen footnotes inside of footnotes used as gracefully as in this post.