Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Things to make me go aaaahh...

1. Ticking things off my to-do list. My to-do list that is currently running over (over as in "more than") two A4 pages. With columns. And that's not even counting all the stuff that it's not counting. You don't believe me? Would a look at my in-trays help?



2. Sunshine. Actual sun, with warmth that I can actually feel. Being able to go out without layering up in coat, scarf, gloves. (Although I wouldn't be that sorry to have to wear my beautiful new Italian leather gloves... but they'll still be beautiful in November.)

3. Wanton, impromptu midnight shoe shopping. (Not on the to-do list.)

4. Getting next week off so I can tick more things off the to-do list. Why do I never remember that I need to add a week to my holiday request every time I go away, so that I have time to catch up? Must take care of that next time.

Aaaaaahh.

SGI will resume after the break. (Short break. Minuscule, really.) Meanwhile, go look at some pictures.

3 comments:

greg said...

Isn't Venice just so wonderfully photogenic? I liked all the pictures a lot, but especially Armin's night pictures and your profile shot. And isn't his fascination with these statues immensely reassuring?

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Fantastically photogenic, yes. Much more so than Florence, which is beautiful, but not in a way that lends itself to photography so much. We didn't even see any pretty postcards. Huh!

Also, there is some debate over in these parts as to what you mean by "reassuring". I of course know you to be raising an ironic eyebrow at all this delight in rape and pillage. Beloved, however, seems to think you are advising me to take comfort in his evident appreciation of breastage. Something of which I have an abundant supply.

Firstfallen: brilliant, isn't it? There's at least one other site I know with the same concept - though I didn't like their boots as much. Yeah, chunky calves are very ill served, generally. I find the best solution, when available, is to buy boots that have laces as well as a zip.

TotallyUn-Pc said...

All this talk of boots is making me salivate scroobydoo!