Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tis the season

2007 in first lines; or, the Mundane Meme.

January:
Anna Little Red Boat, investigative journalist extraordinaire, started quite the conversation while I was away.

February:
Alive, yes, Anything interesting to tell you, no.

March:
I have led such a protected, not to say wilfully deluded, life.

April:
Everybody knows Italy already — even if you've never been anywhere further than your neighbourhood pizzeria.

May:
But clearly a mismatch.

June:
The problem with lolcats is that, well, they're generally not so much lol.

July:
Two and a half weeks of visit later, matricide has been averted.

August:
Blah blahblah blahblah.

September:
Vivaldifan has just arrived from SA to start his new life here in Londonville.

October:
Holiday disasters (little ones):
Forgetting my work permit and changing my ticket.

November:
He did it again.

December:
Which of the following statements about my past week is/are untrue?

Conclusion:
Today I ate a cheese sandwich.

And should give you something at least as seasonal, and far more entertaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You did the meme!

I don't think yours looks mundane. At least there's variety.