Friday, July 08, 2005

And some other words

From the less formal commentators - i.e. my mates and some chaps on the web:

Anonymous writes: "In the spirit of Getting On With It, London farmed out trades to other bourses once the central clearing house was evacuated - how cool is that? We're having a crisis but there's business to be done, so we'll just make a plan and get on with it." (And even better, the market has apparently fully recovered from the initial panic. Justifying the bemused question from a friend yesterday: "Why would I sell my shares just because someone's blown up the tube? What difference would that make?")

Anna Pickard does a proper round-up of blogger responses here.

And the London News Review tells those terrorists where to get off.

So we seem to be about done here. I think I'd better find a new subject.

Which reminds me, just before yesterday's news occurred, I was about to ask - isn't the real question here: you need a diploma to say, "I'll just see if we have that in your size"?

No comments: