Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Disaster!

A Krispy Kreme has just opened opposite the office.

This is inexpressibly bad.

Update: Ooh, wait, my lovely colleague has just handed some doughnuty goodness out. So it's not all bad, then. As long as they're free, the calories don't count*.

_____
* Male readers, take note, I'm giving you valuable insight into the female psyche here. If she doesn't buy it or order it, calories are not included. This is why she eats off your plate. Just order double and deal with it.

3 comments:

omar said...

Krispy Kreme doughnuts have calories?! Crap.

Bill C said...

Omar, maybe you should reread the post then find a ... what? I'm thinking Sugar Daddy but that's inappropriate for at least two reasons:
1. The whole daddy's Daddy thing
2. Actually the more I think about it, the more I like the phrase in this context. I demand a recant!

Of course since I canted in the first place, a recant would be silly. I know this; I just wanted practice.

And Scroobious - I can't thank you enough for the insight. I've seen this phenomenon firsthand for years and never understood it. Much obliged, ma'am.

Sarah Cate said...

Chris Rock says Krispy Kreme doughnuts are laced with cocaine. And I believe him. Let us know how the habit-forming goes, scroob.