Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Meme of the month

Not technically a meme, more a stolen idea: things to do in November.

1. Get a cold (check).
2. Get over cold.
3. Finish my Special Secret Project, which is only a month overdue, already. Gah. (Nearly there, though. Nearly…)
4. Knit like a demon, because I owe FOUR PEOPLE knitwear of various description (not including someone who doesn’t know I’ve promised her a shawl, and not including me, who’s just dying for a little bit of woolly self-love. And one of these knit projects has a deadline of 2 December, when I get on a plane and go to visit the giftee.
5. Prepare myself psychologically to see my mother when I get off that plane. (No. She’s not on the knitting list.)
6. Wire jaw shut in desperate effort to attain beach-friendly body before I reach the beach.
7. Enjoy having only five working weeks left in the year (since I’ll be on holiday for all of December).
8. Try to contain my excitement at all the good things awaiting me next month.

Apparently, November’s all about the anticipation. Ah well. Probably there will be some fun along the way. As soon as I get over this damn cold.

At-CHOO.

Edit:
I just remembered two other things happening this November. On the 4th, my nephew Spot turns two. And on the 27th, the Scrivenings turn one. We'll have to celebrate with a little something-something. Be sure to tune in for the party.

5 comments:

glo said...

I was just pondering the secret project....good luck this November!

ScroobiousScrivener said...

So close, Glo. So very close.

Bill C said...

I thought you were hopelessly behind, with just your first item completed. Then I remembered it's only the 2nd.

Let one of us know if you need some kind of micromanagement.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

I'd better stay out of the water then. Shouldn't be a problem, since I'm so very, very far from a beach. (No. Brighton doesn't count.)

ScroobiousScrivener said...

I think I'm going to have to say, no English coast really counts as a beach. Not to a Capetonian.