Thursday, January 25, 2007

Procrastination is a bad bad very bad badness of baddom

I work very hard all day. I don't read blogs. I work.

I come home, a bit late, working on the train. Thinking about how tired I am (having been up past midnight yesterday, working), and how much I am looking forward to wrapping up this little worky thing (and maybe clearing away a few of the most pressing and also quickest other worky things that are hovering about in the corners of my brain and in-tray, looking awkward and making "ahem" noises whenever I look up from the worky thing right in front of me) so I can go to bed.

I get home. I open half a dozen letters and one package. I fire up pooter and check email, which fails to deliver anything that I haven't already seen and if necessary replied to from the office. This hurts my feelings. I feel unloved and deprived of communication. I feel instantly compelled to check half a dozen not very interesting blogs* that I have actually been monitoring quite closely enough.

Bad Scroobious. No biscuit.

(Ooooh... time for tea and biscuit break?)

* Not yours, obviously.

2 comments:

ThePurpleOwl said...

Hey... that sounds familiar. Rather like... errr, a friend of mine. And sometimes it means that she suddenly looks up and it's ten thirty and she hasn't even thought about having dinner yet. Really, she...

Oh, OK, it's me. Hi, My name is ThePurpleOwl, and I'm a procrastinator. I have been procrastination free for... well, I haven't.

Hi Scroob. Happy January to you. :-)

TotallyUn-Pc said...

I try to practise moonwalking!
It passes the time, wooden floors are great, and if you get it right, you can do it on the train on the way home!

Shamone! works for Jerks!

PS. don't tell my bosss I said that.... oh... I am the boss!

Biscuit and medication please!