Monday, May 05, 2008

Camera dump

Sometimes I forget that the point of taking pictures is to actually remove them from camera and look at them.

In town on my birthday:
A flock of pigeons in Leicester Square. Sort of. They were actually folded leaflets promoting some or other Chinese festival. Very beautiful in that setting.


Alien landing in Wardour Street?


Jemima quite liked this basket of yarn stash. So much that she tipped it over for improved cave access.


Awwww. I don't know how I got this effect. No idea. (It was the camera, not Photoshop, and it wasn't on purpose.)

The great thing about moving 5 minutes down the road is that we're now 5 minutes closer to Osterley Park. Which means my 25 minute run can now take in a little bit of almost countryside.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Almost?
I am officially jealous... lucky you indeed!

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos - and particularly the one of Jemima in the basket. Cats seem to have an innate ability to locate anything snugglable.

By the way, Wordpress (and Blogger too I see) has this 'arbitrary next blog' tab, which I have only recently discovered.

And this morning it led me to a blog that I thought might be of interest to you - of course, it could also be tediously boooooring, but as I am not a knitter or purler or woolly-garment-creator of any kind, I have no way of judging.

But just in case it sets your heart a-flutter, here is the link: http://babyblanketknitpattern.wordpress.com/

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Reggie, what I like best about that blog (and this is not a dig - clearly you wouldn't have needed or wanted to look at it for more than half a second) is that it is blatantly a bot-blog, created by a robot for the purposes of harvesting advertising money, and yet it has no actual advertising. I wonder if Google saw through its Cunning Ploy and cut it off? Anyway, it made me giggle, so thank you.

Anonymous said...

Robynn - I am dismayed that I did not notice this! Sorry!!!

I have much to learn in the ways of blogging, never having come face-to-face with a bot-blog before and not knowing that such things exist in the world.

I hang my head in shame...

Anonymous said...

The adverts are there, cunningly disguised as tags, they only show if you "hover" over a tag word.

Internet advertising revenue has apparently outstripped that of television, if only earning 1 or 2 pence / cents when clicked then there must be an awful lot of adverts on the internet.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Ah! Thanks for that explanation, Vic.

Yes, there are an awful lot of ads on the internet. It makes sense since you can target your market much more efficiently. Each ad costs very little but the cumulative effect is great. And television advertising is, I would expect, on the downturn, because besides competition from t'internets, viewer habits are changing... I know I get to fast forward through all the ads, since I never watch anything when it's actually broadcast. DVR all the way!