Friday, May 02, 2008

Parcelforce just almost made me cry...

...from which we can deduce two things.

1. The world still turns, gravity is still operational, chocolate is still fattening and Parcelforce is still The Devil.

2. I am either premenstrual or getting a cold. Possibly both.

Meanwhile, in a part of the internet that I love very, very much, bad things are happening. Which is making trouble for the incredibly cool people who made this incredibly cool site, and is sullying the incredible coolness. (Not an awful lot. Just a bit. But still.) Which also makes me want to cry, a bit, although I am not personally involved in the spat. (Although I could be if I wanted to, and do have very strong opinions on the matter.)

I think I need to go and get me some hot chocolate and other adiposity enhancers. It's the only way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agh shame... I really feel for you, Robynn. In fact, ParcelForce *did* make me cry.

Two years ago, my boss bought a laptop in the US via the internet. Said laptop was then sent via ParcelForce to a friend in the UK, from whom my boss was then to pick it up on his next visit.

The laptop was tracked the short distance to Chicago airport. Thereafter, it was lost.

In fact, even trying to contact ParcelForce by email, internet, or phone, was like clutching at a slimy, slippery eel in seriously dirty water.

They were incontactable from outside the US. When we got a student who was visiting the US to help, they continued to play hide-and-seek, refused to accept responsibility, denied that we had ever bought it, demanded the original documentation, then denied that they had received said documentation by registered mail, blamed the USPS, denied that we had sent the laptop in the first place, said that we weren't authorised to inquire about the laptop's whereabouts because it had been sent to someone in the UK, from whom we had to obtain Power of Attorney, blocked our email addresses (!), ...

In the end, we gave up.

ParcelForce? More like ParcelFARCE!

A quick search on Google will make it clear that they are a pathetic excuse for a mail/courier company that should do us all a favour and go belly-up.

Like a dead fish.

So I reallllly feel for you. Good luck and inner strength!!! May your story have a happy ending!

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Tragically, they're the national carrier (sister company to Royal Mail), so unlikely to go belly-up. That is, if they did, the taxpayers would have to bail them out and they could happily continue to screw us all.

I'll get my packages, don't worry. It's just that I am so bloody sick of having to work so hard to receive every single package. Because they are such idiots. Twunty idiots. I hates them, I do. (And for my sins, I have to call them just about every week.)

ThePurpleOwl said...

What do you mean, 'chocolate is ... fattening'?

La la laaaa lah laaaah, I can't hear you ...