Thursday, May 22, 2008

Parcelfarce, the petition

Another angry customer - villainously angry, even - is petitioning the PM to make Parcelforce accountable to its customers. Now, I'm no great believer in the power of petitions, but I am very impressed that he's making the effort to pursue the bastards. I too am very angry, and I would really like to believe that it might be possible to change things through the power of Righteous Wrath.

Please, if you live in the UK, go and sign this. Even if through some miracle you haven't had the appalling experiences that so many Parcelforce customers victims have had. We're just asking for accountability - I'm sure you can agree that should be a given. But it's not, since Parcelforce - despite being a branch of Royal Mail Group - is "not a licensed operator" and so not accountable to Postcomm. Or, apparently, anyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viva! Viva! ;)

tristan said...

i will try to avoid patronising them from now on

Anonymous said...

Today Parcelforce delivered a package to me, on schedule. Which by no means negates the need for the petition, but it is nice to get positive data points.

kadekraan

ScroobiousScrivener said...

It's been known to happen. It happens to me sometimes (there have even been patches when it happened more often than not). My main beef is more how they (fail to) deal with complaints when things go wrong - as they more than sometimes do. I firmly believe the test of a company is how they deal with problems, not how often problems occur. And PF fails badly on that score. Well, on both, really...