Friday, November 02, 2007

The god of small spaces

He did it again. This time with the kitchen and bathroom cupboards. I can't tell you how exciting this is... or rather, I could try, but this would only serve as evidence for the "I am boring" hypothesis, which I really am not that keen to prove.* So we'll just take a moment to meditate on the glory of well ordered closets, and move on.

Folks, I've had a sucky week. Blame the weather, blame my hormones, blame the alignment of the planets, but it started out sucky and got worse. The most (but by no means only) suck came from the semi unexpected discovery that I had to re-interview for my own job. Because of perfectly reasonable rules and such, *not* because I'm not performing well, but naturally it does feel... not great. Officially, right now, I'm unemployed. But I'm going in on Wednesday to carry on doing my job, and presumably, I'll be told at that point that I get to stay.

It's all very odd.

However. Until then I have 5 days to mope do useful and fun things at home, and prepare for the really rather cool upcoming Stitch n Bitch Day, and I have a goodly supply of hot chocolate, and tonight I'm going to see an amazing show that I've been looking forward to for months, so frankly I have no choice but to cheer up. Am I right?

_____
* Thanks to those of you who say otherwise. I would like to emphasise however that I do *not* believe my feelings of boringness to be the result of finding my friends boring; I find them as interesting and cool as ever. Although possibly part of the problem is simply that I find clubbing boring, for the nonce, which gives us less to do together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That show sounds really interesting...you'll have to let us know all about it :)