Friday, June 24, 2005

So much for wireless so-called technology

Don't believe the hype, kids. That's all I'm saying.

That, and: this time I truly believe I am connected*, will remain so, and can stop whining, once and for all.

And: that means pictures will soon be returning to Chez Scroobious.

And: I'll be trying to write actual posts again, not just links and memes. Not that there's anything wrong with that, nosir. We like links and memes. At least I do. Still and all... there's a snobbish voice in my head that say that's not really what you started this thing for, is it, dear? And that's not really what The Readers (all three of them) are coming here for, is it? No?

Actually who knows, it might be, I have no idea why you come here. You're very welcome, though. Have a strawberry.

I'll be back soon.

____
* Three cheers for good oldfashioned cables!

4 comments:

Sarah Cate said...

Yay for connected! So now what we wants to know is - did you get that thing I sent you or did it fall into the Atlantic on the way over?

glo said...

How did you know I come for the strawberries? (and my very favorite knitter across the atlantic)

Anonymous said...

Yay intarweb and pictures! We have a cordless phone on the landline (DECT), a wireless LAN (wifi (802.1g)), and I a using a cordless mouse and keyboard (Microsfot). Wireless is teh roxor. When it works.
I find it quite amusing to listen to Radio Paradise (http://www.radioparadise.com/), an internet-only station on this setup. It's like a totally wireless radio.

Oh, and thanks for the strawberries.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Glo: Well, it is Wimbledon season. I'll mix up a jug of Pimms in a minute. But you can have some elderflower cordial instead.

Strawbs: see that "when it works" disclaimer there? That's the part that really narks me. Wireless is a great idea. I just think maybe it needs to stay in the oven a bit longer, as it were.