Thursday, March 09, 2006

On the dreamblogging bandwagon

Everyone's dreaming about Angelina Jolie these days. Not me. This was last night's entertainment:

I returned a library book, only to realise I'd returned the wrong one and had to go barefoot in the cold.*

I made polite chitchat with the librarian, who told me excitedly about all the plans she'd made for my imminent childbirth experience, where I had to go, etc etc. I was too polite to tell her (a) how freaked out I was by her extreme involvement in my pregnancy, considering she was just some librarian I barely knew, and (b) the pregnancy was off. False alarm.**

While making my escape, I took acid, for the first time and for no apparent reason; got a bit freaked out when I thought I was eating my fingers and resolved to Get Over It, which I successfully did.

So I went home and blogged about it.

In the dream.

I blogged in my dream.

I really don't know what to say about that.

_____
* Oh, like your dreams make sense.
** No, this has absolutely no bearing on reality.

3 comments:

tristan said...

yeah ! so much more goes on in your dreams than in the ordinary days ... it is marvellous that the mind can spontaneously synthesise random narratives ... i always feel a really lurid dream is some kind of triumph over mundaneity

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Absolutely. It's just that this was a fairly mundane dream by my standards (consider the chicken fillet dress incident) and then... I dreamed about blogging. Probably just my guilt over blog negligence speaking there, but I find this a triumph of mundanity over dream luridity. Or something. Distressing, anyway.

anaglyph said...

You took acid in a dream? Cool! I wonder if you'll get flashbacks in your dreams too?