Monday, January 10, 2005

I can knit! Who knew?

I finally got something right. The stripadelic tunic is done and she is lurvly. (Pics to come - watch this space.) Fits like a dream, very clever (but dead easy) curvalicious stylings, stripes are fabulous, I'm excessively pleased with myself.

About bloody time.

O'course the innards are slightly less divine; 'twas my first experience trying to stitch up something stripey and I got the hang of it rather late. Now I know just how to tackle the problem, but by the time I next do stripes, I'll probably forget it entirely. Damn. Still, it looks professional enough from the outside. I just hope the knots don't unravel and create a Swiss cheese styling. (While I was sewing it up I read an article about how 'everybody knows' you shouldn't have any knots in knitting, ever. Well. Bit late now. And I'm not entirely convinced about knotless yarn switches, but okay, I'll give it a bash next time.)

Pause while I spend the rest of the day writing up the pattern, including three different sizes. Gah. Wish me luck. How did I do that again...



1 comment:

Abecedarian said...

"Scroobious", I find your "Scrivenings" quite "enlivening".
Please do keep on "strivening".

http://thoughtsforthemoment.blogspot.com/
http://novelfictions.blogspot.com/

Doug L.