Saturday, January 01, 2005

Ooh, it's going to be a good one, I can feel it

Suddenly it's 2005. (Suddenly? Who'm I kidding? I've been living in the anticipation of this shiny new, improved year for, ooh, weeks.) We had a great NY Eve - anybody watch the London Eye fireworks on the telly? Yeah? Good, wasn't it? We wuz there. Watching from Waterloo Bridge. And it wasn't raining, and it wasn't even cold (well, I say it wasn't, Esteemed Father says it was if you weren't wearing woolly stockings, I say that's his own silly fault then, wasn't it). And it was gorgeous. So LOUD. And smoky. And lighting up Westminster with such spectacular brightness. And did I mention loud?

Although actually, for loud and smoky, it wasn't as impressive as the Thames Festival two years ago - when we were right under the fireworks as they happened, enjoying a rain of hot soot and choking on the gunpowdery air. No, it was great, really. Anyway.

So the party was good, and the day was good too. Woke up feeling remarkably perky and Tiggerish and remembering that happy is my thing, I do happy, I'm much better at being happy than otherwise and y'know, I think I'll get some more happy practice in this year. Catch up a little. Yeah.


No comments: