Sunday, October 16, 2005

Fiction in real life

I was only a little startled to see the following sign when travelling through King's Cross* yesterday.



But when I met this political campaigner, I realised the barrier between fiction and reality was getting dangerously blurry.



So I've called in an expert. Anyone with evidence of similar incidents, please report them to the authorities. Where will it end? Vetinari in Number 10?

_____
* Poor JK Rowling. Let down by research, lack of. As London-living Potter fans would know, the supposed barrier between platforms 9 and 10 that you have to run at to catch the Hogwarts Express does not, in fact, exist. At least, not at King's Cross. She was actually thinking of Euston. True story. So this sign is somewhat randomly placed, in the general vicinity of platform 10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Republicans for Voldemort? How funny!

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Isn't it, though. I'm a bit surprised this hasn't attracted more comments.