Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Re: letter of the 1st instant

2006, sir:

Look, I have a sense of humour. I do. But this playful attitude of yours... a person could feel you're not taking her seriously.

I mean, yesterday I got up in good time to wash and dry my hair, have breakfast, sweep the floor, catch the (very) early train, walk to the post office, post packages, and still get to the office early to start catching up on emails. And what did you do? You maliciously kept the post office shut until such time as I had to be at my desk. If that weren't enough, you ensure that my computer wasn't working, thus completely wasting the first two hours of my day.

But all right. Ha ha. You got me.

Still, to ambush me this morning with a perfectly delicious dream the second I turn my alarm off, thus rendering me late for work and completely unbreakfasted? Pushing it a bit, no? You do realise that bacon sandwich is all your fault. You practically forced it down my unwilling throat.

Also, it's been three days now, and I've seen no signs of richness and thinness (to say nothing of the extra time issue). I realise these things take time, but I'd appreciate an earnest of good intent, yes? I've done quite well on the flossing and peppermint tea front. I admit I forgot about the stairs vs lift situation, but on the plus side, I haven't touched the demon alcohol at all (obviously, not counting the early hours of New Year's Day, which was in any case before I'd even proposed our little bargain). Your move.

Yr early response would be appreciated.

The Scrivener

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, what was the dream?

ScroobiousScrivener said...

*sigh* I really don't think I should say.

Dreams are great, though. Aren't they?

Bill C said...

Now *this* radiates a powerful "must reply / urgent" aura. Well done.

patroclus said...

Dammit, I was about to ask about the dream as well. I had one of those (well, y'know, if it's the sort of dream I'm thinking of) the other morning, which was cruelly interrupted by the arrival of a text message from my bank telling me I'm overdrawn again. Mutter mutter, bloody bank, mutter.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Bloody bank indeed. I consider it absolutely shocking that they should text you with bad news. Overdraft warnings should be emailed; save texts for things you actually want to hear (or in fact read). Like flirting. But not from the bank. From the bank, maybe notice of premium bond winnings? No?

Bank communicates good news shock. That's a headline I'd like to see.

Bill C said...

Okay, technical question. What happened to your site's "feed?" Any idea?

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Something's wrong with the feed? I dunno. I haven't changed anything, and I still see that little orange icon. *shrugs* Completely useless, me. Sorry.

tristan said...

giggle sigh

pleezed tu meecher

xx

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Why, welcome, Mr Blackmailer sir. Not sure what brought on that pensive sigh, but I too am pleased, as you say, to meecher. *shakes hand* *feel silly flopping single hand around in the air like that*