Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Special occasion

It’s January, uncomfortably close to officially the miserablest day of the year.

I have a cold.

I’m sleep deprived.

Beloved is on night shift, so I won’t see him awake till Friday evening.

I have too much boring work, getting in the way of my too much fun work, and a distinct shortage of cash. (Though all this work bodes well for cashflow in February/March.)

Parcelforce still haven’t given me my money back, although I might be getting closer to winning.

But, mysteriously, I am full of bounce today.

This might be because of a strange internet-borne virus. It might be because of a rather lovely compliment I just discovered. It might be because I had hot cross buns, crème egg and cocoa for breakfast.

Or it might be because today marks Nine Years of Mushy. Happy anniversary Beloved!

PS. 25 January is a good day for some other people, too. Go save Glo’s blog from the scary hackers. 50 comments is a notable challenge.

PS2. It's a good thing Beloved's not Scottish, or I'd be forced to eat haggis every year on our anniversary. Ew.

10 comments:

patroclus said...

Awwww, happy anniversary Scroob and Scroob's beloved! Nine years is something I've never managed. Many congratulations.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Thank you kindly P. I'm not sure we deserve being congratulated on simply being incredibly lucky (and quite offensively smug), but thankee. I love this day.

Bill C said...

Happy anniversary indeed! Congratulations to you and your beloved spouse. May your accumulation of Mushy days and years keep pace with the passing of Time, and continue to bring joy to you both.

And may the turfjiid* of anniversaries grace you with unexpected delights.

* Word verification-inspired, of course.

omar said...

That's nonsense, you totally deserve some congratulations!

(I fully expect to be congratulated if me and the wife reach 5 years later this year, so you should get almost twice as much congratulating.)

Congratulations! Congratulat

X said...

Nine years? You go, girl!

Nine years must be the Otkqlhtc anniversary, just before the Tin/Aluminium one.

---X

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Jam: wow, that wordver is eloquent, huh?

Omar: hee hee. Congratulat indeed.

X: You know, I think you're onto something. It's leather, apparently; otkqlhtc must be the *extra special* version, with Martian skin instead of ordinary cow leather. Beloved! Get me a otkqlhtc handbag, stat!

virtualkathy said...

Yes indeed, a very Happy Nine Years and congrats to you :)

Nadia said...

Whoa, that's awesome. Happy anniversary Scroob! Nine years is wonderful, though not as wonderful as 5x2 years. Thank you Omar for pointing that out.

Nadia said...

Oh and I share your relief that Beloved has no Scottish ties. Because as you know, the Scottish, they suck.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Nadia! Where you been? Where you at? I miss your blog, girl.