Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Haven't we already dejad this vu?

In a fit of narcissism extreme even for me, I present to you Four Things: take two. Because the Ninja Polymath asked nicely, and who am I to rudely tell her I already did this one...

Four (more) jobs I have done
Dressed up as a biker chick and handed out free chocolate
Served drinks to fat old men in a golf club
Movie reviewer
Founder of future knitting empire*

Four (more) movies I can watch over and over**
Moulin Rouge!
Army of Darkness
Powaqqatsi
O Brother Where Art Thou?

Four places I've lived
In a school for the deaf
In a children's home
In a reformatory
In a school for the handicapped

Four (more) TV shows I love
Green Wing
Early Charmed (I can't watch it any more, though)
Xena (stop rolling your eyes back there! It has the Sam Raimi factor!)
Um... there was a British sitcom I saw in SA, that no Brit has ever heard of, called Kiss Me Kate. Bill Nighy was a guest star. That rather rocked.

Four (more) places I have been on holiday***
My couch
Bainskloof, every school holiday for years
This fabulous game farm
A charming and luxurious, yet completely unspoilt tropical island, whose name I can't divulge for fear of letting The Secret out

Four (more) of my favourite dishes
Tagliatelle with smoked salmon and vodka cream sauce
A certain someone's chocolate/cappuccino semifreddo that he's never yet quite got around to making me. Don't worry, I can taste it in my mind. I know it's one of my favourites.
The steak sandwich at The Eagle on Farringdon Road. Not normally a big steak sandwich fan (and that was a big steak sandwich), but I just had that last week and was instantly smitten. Dead cow heaven. (I hope the dead cow's in heaven. It died for a very good cause.)
The coffee-flavoured chocolate wafers from the Broad Street Restaurant in Lyme Regis. I can't think of anything else I've ever eaten that literally stopped dinner, and conversation, in its tracks. Luckily the owner is very nice and brought us a whole saucer of them.

Four sites I visit daily
The bathroom
The kitchen
My desk
My bed

Four (more) places I would rather be right now
On the Orient Express to Venice
On the Queen Mary to New York
In the beautiful big house on a lake that is my future home
In AML's kitchen, with a bottle or three of merlot, and Vivaldifan, and Faye Sooth, and the gazillion pets AML is threatening to adopt.

Dammit. Now that's all I can think of.

Four bloggers I am tagging:
Vivaldifan
Purple Owl
Tristan
Extemporanea


Although I can't guarantee they haven't done this, or won't flat-out ignore me anyway...

_____
* It does rather seem as though I'm constantly mentioning it to boost my Google ranking. No, I'm just rather obsessed at the moment.
** I'm nothing if not eclectic.
*** One of these might not be entirely factual

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visit those sites, too!

Cathy Young said...

Don't apologize for being a Xena fan -- stand up and be proud! ;)

Thought you might be interested in my article on the topic:

http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/2005/09/15/xena/index.html

Or if you have trouble accessing that...

http://www.cathyyoung.net/features/whatweowexena.html

ThePurpleOwl said...

Me? Ignore you? Never. Just don't hold your breath for my response... I'll put it on my 'to do' list.

'Kiss me Kate' rocked, by the way. :-)

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Anne: you do? How come I never bump into you then?

Dem: I liked that bit too. But what first comes to mind, generally, is "mah hair!"

Cathy: checking it out right now.

Prowl: excellent. I'll be waiting.

Wordver: "djegus" may be a neat way of expressing your disgust at my dejaing this vu, but I'll thank you to remember your place.

Anonymous said...

I'm not flat-out ignoring you, my browser simply has a rather weird relationship with the Refresh button in the context of your site. I tend to get about four days at once after long periods where repeated clicking says you haven't updated.

Haven't done Four Things. Will do so. Obedient me :>.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

I don't think that's your browser. I think that's my sporadic blogging habits.