Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Spammers get fresh

I've just received a spam mail addressed to "My little pumpkin". Words fail me.

In other news, I appear to be picking up rather a lot of Google hits for "Parcelforce west London depot" and "how to complain to Parcelforce". To my fellow sufferers: first, I feel your pain. Deeply do I feel it. And second, this is probably a more useful site.

I have finally gotten the refund. But I'm not sure the letter advanced my case. On mature reflection, accusing my enemy of being in thrall to the dark lord might not have been the most strategic move.

9 comments:

glo said...

Drat. I have been gone too long. I will have to seek the archives to know what you're talking about.

Glad you got money, though. That's never a bad thing.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Not a bad thing at all, no, though the fact that it took more than a month to get MY MONEY back isn't great.

The full story can be found here and here.

tristan said...

much worse than that, they are in thrall to american management methods

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Well, on the evidence, their management methods seem to be "divide and conquer", also known as "pass the buck". So sorry, we can't possibly do anything about your problem because it's all the fault of the other department. Which I swear has been destroyed by a meteor or something since communication with or from them simply does not happen.

Whereas Americans are all about the communication, aren't they, so they must have gotten this particular model a bit confused.

Pyrautomata said...

accusing my enemy of being in thrall to the dark lord might not have been the most strategic move.

Unstrategic, perhaps, but satisfying in the moment, no? And what is a life without such little moments?

ScroobiousScrivener said...

I'm glad you understand.

Bill C said...

Mine are addressed to "t 95 15." Imagine my zeal.

Aha! WV provides wound salve:
bonxo

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Oh god. Do not take any crap from them. Demand to speak to a supervisor, and if they don't help you, ask for the managing director's office. If they don't give you the number I will. Not that they're *much* more helpful, but that was where I finally got sorted out.

omar said...

Glad you got your money back, "pumpkin."