Monday, February 13, 2006

Musical obfuscation

Right, following Cliff's salutary example, I bring you posh lyrics. Here's one to give you the idea:

"We tripped an illuminescent dance figure, traversed the boards acrobatically."
Whiter shade of pale, see?

Time to get started. They're too easy, I'm afraid, but we can always dial it up a bit next time. There's one in here just for Patroclus, one for Vivaldifan and one for Cate, by the way. I think always only of my readers.


1. "In this automobile is where I feel least threatened. It is possible for me to secure all the entrances, there is no better form of existence."

2. "The flux is rising, yet I maintain my grip. I will be the first on your list."

3. "And we will never again be separated, there is no more need for it."

4. "His salacious badinage hints at erotic stimulation."

5. "Were I to become acquainted with your moniker, it would be possible for me to discover your digits."

6. "It is past three AM shortly after Christmas. I am corresponding with you in order to determine whether your condition has improved."

7. "Well it is possible to move in a rough and rhythmic manner, provided that it has a beneficial effect on your mental state."

8. "The arachnoid hominid arrives on limbs sporting confectionary-styled patterns, quietly under the umbra of late afternoon sunlight."

9. "The season of renewal is upon us. Existence is a game of ninepins and lager."

And a bonus round for South Africans:

10. "I was acquainted with someone in a constant state of anxiety. It was large, infuriated and approaching closer."

14 comments:

Cliff said...

I got 1, 2, 4, 8. Fine songs all. The other will ruin me for the rest of the day.

"I admire large posteriors and I am unable to tell falsehoods."

ScroobiousScrivener said...

*giggle*

omar said...

I got the one in Cliff's comment. That's about it.

Is this how people feel when they take the quizzes on my site?

ScroobiousScrivener said...

I don't actually take the quizzes on your site. Because they make me feel dumb. So yes, probably.

Sarah Cate said...

I got nothing. Nichts. Nada. Brain dead much today? Oh, yes.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Come now, Cate. Take another look at no. 9. I know you can do it. Maybe no one else can get that one, but you can.

X said...

I know that number 8 is The Cure, Lullaby. I'll leave this window open and stare at it until any more come to me.

---X

Sarah Cate said...

Well, it took some time but I finally figured it out. (Life is beer, life is beer...WHERE have I heard that before?!)...it's Tom Lehrer's Poisoning Pigeons in the Park...Spring is here, Suh-puh-ring is here, life is skittles and life is beer...

glo said...

la-la-la-la connect the dots...I am *so* musically illiterate. But I desperately want to own this song:

His salacious badinage hints at erotic stimulation

ScroobiousScrivener said...

yay Cate!

And Glo: it's quite likely you already do have that song. You'll kick yourself.

Anonymous said...

I gave up after about two and a half seconds, mainly because I'm too busy admiring the poetic fervour of your versions. I just want to gaze at them for hours...

omar said...

So, when are we getting the answers?

ScroobiousScrivener said...

You read my mind, Omar. I was just typing.

Cliff said...

There's also this