Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Big thahs

As many of you know, I’ve been energetically gymming quite regularly for the past few months* and should by now be enjoying the results.

Result #1: I ripped my trousers.
Result #2: A lot more washing (those sweats get really sweaty, you know).
Result #3: No, that’s about it.

Daily mirror checks reveal to me that my shape is indeed changing. I can hold my tummy in slightly more convincingly. Taking a back view, there are less creases around my waist – at least first thing in the morning, when I’ve burnt off calories with all that sleep. Or maybe it’s just before gravity kicks in. I dunno. But I swear my waist looks better when I wake up.** My bottom is, I think, more round – less saggy.

And I have Big Thahs. This, I think, is the cause of the ripped trousers.

Now I’m not exactly complaining. Accepting that I am naturally big and curvy (to be kind), I may as well whip those curves into some kind of well toned shape. Taking those well-haunched Hawaiian chicks from Lilo & Stitch as my model. Okay. But really… do my clothes have to get tighter? Do they have to, really?

(Note: any mention of chocolate, rationing of, will earn a cyberslap.)

_______

* Not counting regular sick leave
** Possible solution: take regular naps throughout the day. Yeah. We all know that lack of sleep makes you overweight, so clearly, the more you sleep, the thinner you get. Is logic.


No comments: