Thursday, December 23, 2004

Things come together

So here I am, two days before Christmas, and everything seems to be going right. Beloved Consort not only has a job, he has a spare (freelancing gig), plus various other interested parties with offers, or the possibilities of offers. Esteemed Father (now staying with us btw, and in need of much internet time, so keyboard time may be limited from when I leave the office this evening till he finds his new place, so if I'm unduly silent, sorry, and you know why) not only has a job, he has a significantly higher salary than he was expecting, plus cash in hand to get set up in new home. We seem to have figured out the optimal use of heating, so don't have to freeze. Our bath is working. In short there is absolutely nothing to worry about on any front.

I'm terrified. Yes, in principle I believe that things all work out, that when you get your mind in the right place the universe steps in to make things happen, that everything's for the best in this best of all possible worlds.

Probably.

But after two years of increasing strain, I've been having trouble believing in my belief. Not really feeling it, you understand. Now... well, it's all very nice to have all this good news. Really. I'm not complaining for a second. I like it. I just don't trust it. Sad, really.

Somebody wished me yesterday that 'the best of this year be the worst of next one'. I'm about ready for that. Bring it on.

Not to sound sorry for myself or anything. I did promise an end to the whining, didn't I? Right. I better have myself a mince pie. That'll help.

Ooh, and I did get an unexpected (and promisingly chocolate-shaped) pressie yesterday. And have received one entirely unsolicited card, and one in response to a card I sent. So I'm shutting up on the 'bah humbug' front too.

Merry merry to you all. Mwah.

No comments: