Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Where all the models will be eating

Just another way to glamorise eating disorders?

Actually I quite like it. I think it would appeal to many more women than just those diagnosed anorexic. I know very few women who do not have Issues around food. And the food sounds gorgeous, so it wouldn't be as niche as all that, no matter what the critics say.

Sehnsucht. It's a lovely, lovely name. Take me to Berlin, honey, I want to not eat very much.

Ooh, just thought, that's a major drawback. If you - a regular sized woman - are eating somewhere run by anorexics, for anorexics, aren't you going to feel even more fat and guilty than usual about ordering dessert?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it works on the same principle as homeopathy - correct the imbalance by introducing the offensive item in non-intrusive way. Or is that innoculation? Anyway, I kind of like that it's an initiative by anexorics who have been there & done that, rather than psychologists and doctors trying to tell people how to overcome an experience they have no experience of.