Saturday, February 19, 2005

There might be a problem here

Going to gym means going down a very nice little London street, full of pretty shops full of beautiful things (that I don't need and can't afford, but nice to look at), and buzzy cafes, and mouthwatering delis.

That's the problem.

Because, naturally, I also pass these lovely shops and cafes and -ahem - delis on the way back from gym. When I'm hungry. And it's lunchtime. And I'm feeling mildly euphoric (from the endorphins) and ready to treat myself. And this one place, see, Kennards Good Foods, it's just amazing. And staffed by very lovely and friendly and beautiful people.

So I went in for some fresh bread for lunch. And came out with £17 worth of: bread, chorizo, pate, quince paste, premium chocolate/nut spread (darlings, Nutella is just *so* high street), and pastries.

I'm fairly certain this is not the best way to support my gymming. Fairly certain. Not completely certain, though. After all... it's so nice. And, you know. Like Sheryl Crow (I think) said: If it makes you happy...

Right?

Plus which, that gorgeous blonde woman in the shop, she finished the chocolate spread with a teaspoon, she said. And she's thin, and did I mention utterly gorgeous? So there.

No comments: