Thursday, August 11, 2005

TV treats

So, Lost. I think I get it. It's full of ridiculously sexy men. (And very pretty girls, although I do detect the Hollywood Clone Syndrome.) On a telegenic jungle island, with lush verdancy and white sands, torrential rain to ensure that clothes cling revealingly, hot sun to ensure that people show a decent amount of flesh. Sheer programming genius. Plus there's a dog.

Oh yes, and a bit of mystery and stuff. I gather there's a big scary monster. And they really are lost. And all have big secrets. And you have a few assholes to be annoying and generate conflict. And a hobbit on drugs, to be Unpredictable and possibly Put Them All At Risk at some point. Also, I like the presence of an Iraqi soldier. Topical, we are.

But mostly it's about the ogling. Am I right?

5 comments:

omar said...

I don't think you're far off at all. I can't get into that show, in spite of my friends' best efforts. And really, there's only one hot girl for me to look at. I could watch a bunch of other wednesday night shows and do more ogling.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Glad to hear I'm not wrong on the attractiveness of the girls. I mean, obviously I wouldn't complain if I looked like any of them, but... meh. Dull.

I was sufficiently intrigued by the end of the 2 hours to watch again. But I was pretty bored for the first half hour. And there's a serious lack of humour. I think the hobbit's supposed to provide some Light Relief, but he's really not funny. Just irritating. Still, monster good.

Sarah Cate said...

It's all about Sawyer. Ogling Sawyer. You got that part right. But then it's also about the strange (and unknown to them) inter-connectedness of these people's lives before they're in a plane crash together. And the MYSTERY of the island. And ogling Sawyer. And sometimes Jack. And consistently amazing writing. There were other recently new shows (Desperate Housewives) that started out great and then lost their edge, but Lost only got better. Enjoy, Scroob!

Anonymous said...

Lost does indeed improve. Sawyer ends up taking his top off quite regularly. Wish Matthew Fox and the gay-guy-with-the-daft-facial-hair-but-magical-eyes followed suit rather more than they did. And the flashbacks stop it being tedious, because there isn't really *that* much that happens on the island. They're lost, for crap's sake. Hang on, they're not really lost so much as marooned. But I suppose 'Marooned' wouldn't make a good title.

Nadia said...

Sawyer...mmmmm.

*drools unimaginatively*