Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hope springs eternal

I've just arranged a viewing for a flat, in an almost ideal location, described as "exceptionally large, sunny, airy, with huge built-in wardrobes, a conservatory/utility room and garden". Let's place our bets on what's wrong with it, shall we?

1. Next door to crackhouse
2. Holes in walls and windows
3. Half-size bath in cupboard; no shower*
4. Shower in cupboard; no bath
5. Bath/shower in advanced stage of biological experiment
6. Kitchen consists of microwave, kettle, toaster and cooler box
7. Serious pest issues
8. Colour scheme chosen by blind, drug-addled chimpanzee

One bet only per problem, sweepstake-style. I promise to buy the winning better a drink (arranging to be in the same city as me, so as to claim drink, is responsibility of the winner). If, by some miracle, none of these problems pertain, I will buy everybody a drink.

_____
* As seen by Friend Pip, displayed with pride by very "creative" landlord/developer

4 comments:

Sarah Cate said...

I'll bet on #6 - the joke of a kitchen. And when I move to London in seven years you can buy me that drink.

my Mom dated Spike

Anonymous said...

If the description says 'airy', I'll go for holes in walls and windows.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet on the crackhouse option.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Tragically, none of you win, yet it still isn't the perfect home. The problem, according to Beloved, rested in the definition of "spacious" (well, in parts it is). Also, bizarre decor.

Cate: are you really into forward planning, or is that a random fantasy? Either way I won't be in London myself any more by then - goddess, I hope not. But then, I'm sure I could swing by from my glamorous pad on the Zurichersee. (Positive thinking, y'see.)