Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Rhyming Dentist

This morning I received a card from my dentist. It read as follows (all punctuation copied exactly):

Weren't you just thinking it's been a while; since you last checked your smile!
However, do not panic or despair, come and spend 15 minutes in our chair. We'll ensure that your cleaning's good; and check you're eating what you should.
So take the time to come along, for peace of mind that nothing is wrong!

The card features a bunny holding a tube of toothpaste.

Nothing in the actual surgery gives the faintest impression that the practice targets children. Admittedly, my dentist - not the practice owner - sits on a sparkly purple chair. But she also wears a purple coat. And a nose ring (not purple). And does a nice line in conspiratorial smiles.

I had thought all this was cute. Now, I'm starting to suspect derangement.

No comments: